— Caspar⚡️Hübinger (@glueckpress) March 2, 2017
I felt it was time for a clean start instead of just shoving all the junk from 5+ years over to the new device. So this is what I’ve done so far:
- ✅ make system usable:
- remove clutter (Siri) from touch bar
- disable auto correct
- set active corners etc.
- enable Firewall etc.
- ✅ install Chrome
- ✅ install Dropbox (soon to be 90% replaced with something self-hosted)
- ✅ install and sync 1Password
- ✅ install Alfred
- ✅ install Slack
- ✅ install Flux
- ✅ install Atom
- ✅ install MAMP (PRO)
- ✅ install Coda (mostly for its neat FTP client, not for coding)
- ✅ install Simplenote
- ✅ sync Calendars
- ✅ change location for screenshots (defaults write bla…)
I have not yet transferred all the files, and I probably won’t, but leave some older, less used, yet big folders on an external drive.
The new machine is quite a relief, a lot faster, literally cool (translating into less of fan), and overall definitely an improvement—though of course I miss my fading ⌘ key and the sticker-plastered lid.
Time to go to some WordCamps. 🙂